Friday, April 14, 2017

A Little Bit More Work Done

-
I raked up the bark and leaves in my little “log-yard” the other day, and today I managed to load them on the wheelbarrow and dump them over a bank about 40 yards away. I also raked around the big oak in the front yard and got another load, two more loads, for a total of four. I also got a tarp placed over the partial stack of wood there. As slow as I move, and as often as I must take a breather, the little job took me about 1-1/2 hours. It wasn’t hard work, but it still left me tired. Or maybe the latter was from not taking my “beauty nap” this afternoon. I was hoping to get the last of the chunks and poles drug up from the back yard, but I guess that will wait until next week now, since tomorrow is the Sabbath and Sunday it’s supposed to rain all day. © 2017
-

4 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

It is good to get out and do some stuff but not to over do. It took me a while to get a few unused muscles back in shape when I started the seasonal job again. I just don't use the ones where I reach over my head and lift heavy things during the rest of the year. You don't need to do things right away so it is good exercise for you.

Sixbears said...

I have come to the conclusion that beauty naps, while they don't make me any prettier, make my disposition a bit nicer.

Harry Flashman said...

I know what you mean. I work everyday til I get too tired, which doesn't take long. Then I knock off and start again the next day.

Gorges Smythe said...

It feels good to be stirring around, too, SF.

Then I should sleep all the time, Sixbears! - lol

That's the system, Harry.