Sunday, June 11, 2017

She Knows What She Wants

-
Except when she wants to go for a ride, the Mighty Dachshund likes us all in the back of the house, the three of us together, Generally, she likes us to be as close as possible, as long as SHE is in the middle.

This evening, after letting her drain and dump, She and I sat on the porch a few minutes. I could tell she was uncomfortable in the heat so, several times, I asked her if she wanted to go inside with the missus and enjoy the air-conditioning. She’d look at me, then look at the hammer I’d brought outside and stay where she was. She knew from the hammer that I’d planned to stick her back in the house when she grew tired of the heat, so I could work outside a few minutes.

Finally, I asked her if she wanted to go inside if I went in with her. She jumped to her feet and went to the door, her answer obvious. Don’t tell ME that little bugger doesn’t understand English! I picked up my hammer and we went in for the evening. © 2017
-

No comments: